width=

Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting back on the weight loss wagon, and other stuff...

So, after looking at the most recent photos of me, I have decided that I really need to get on the ball about losing some weight. In most photos I now have a slight double chin, and I am no longer happy with what I see in the mirror from day to day. Currently, I am sitting at the 205-210 range: the heaviest I have ever been. A healthy, medium build, 5'5" woman like me should be between 136 and 150, so I am overweight by about 60 lbs. On my Day Zero Goals it has my goal weight being 145, which is right around where I want to be; but the first goal is to get halfway there - to 180.

As far as motivation goes, I am going to be taking before photos and 1 month progress photos, although I probably won't share them with you. The thought of me in my workout clothes posted for the world to see gives me the willies!

I have re-started our Netflix account and found the Jillian Michaels Yoga dvd I am going to try.. I am also going to start the couch to 5k program as soon as I find a safe place to run. I was also thinking about the P90X or the 30 day shred (which I also put on my netflix list) and plan to see how that goes as well. I don't have any weights, but I think I can find something heavy enough to use, maybe milk jugs with water in them or something until I can afford some weights. I'll add the 100 push up challenge to the end of that workout every day, with days off on Wednesday and Sunday. I am also cutting out soda for good, except for on Sundays as a reward if I make it through the week. I am also going to start eating breakfast every morning, as I think that is part of my problem of hunger throughout the day. I am going to start getting up with Mike in the mornings (which is at 9am) and work my way toward 8am wakeups: I'm not quite ready for that yet. I think I have a plan set in place and I am ready to start tomorrow! Tomorrow, since I don't have my Jillian Michaels dvd yet, I will do the Zumba Dance dvd that I have. I am super excited to start!

In other Day Zero news, I finished off two more books:


They were both really, really good. I will probably be getting the third book in the Bride Quartet here in the next few days, and I still have one other book to finish. (the combo-book on my list)

And on a final note - because it's football Sunday and our Jets pulled out a HUGE win versus the Patriots I say:


J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...