width=

Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Husband Rocks: Vol. 25: Stepping Away






No husband is perfect and it doesn’t really matter. What matters is how I set myself up to think about him. If I focus on his failures, his annoyances, or ways in which I’ve felt hurt by him, then I will interact with him as a hurt and frustrated and disappointed wife. That makes for miserable living for me and my husband and those around us. But if I focus on his strengths, his potential, and the ways in which I feel blessed by him, then I will interact with him as a forgiving, blessed, and contented wife. And there’s no greater need a man has than to feel respected by his wife. If he feels like all he does is hurt, disappoint, and frustrate, then the same atmosphere and the same actions will be perpetuated. But if he feels that his wife can be happy and responsive regardless of his shortcomings, he feels respected and empowered. Then a positive atmosphere is perpetuated and actions, once destructive, can improve in an environment that is rich for cultivation and growth into deepened respect and intimacy."


 
 
 

By now, all of you probably know that I have a newborn and a two year old. Any of you who have children of your own you will be able to relate to me when I say that I have had zero time lately. I barely have time to write this post! And I haven't really gotten a lot of interest from this linkup, so that has made me come to the decision to step away from this link up for a while. Not forever, just a few months or so. I love giving my husband props for the things that he does for me and this family, and that will continue, and I still may post about him from time to time, but for right now I need to downsize.

I will still be posting but it will be more of a whenever I can kind of thing. It's all I can handle right now, at least until Cam is a little bit older and needing me a little less. I want to take full advantage of his snuggles while I can!

Thanks for understanding everyone, and thanks to those who have co-hosted and linked up in the past! I appreciate it so much!
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...