width=

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Wedding Plans

I've decided to update you all on my ideas for the wedding. My wedding website is great, but it'll be easier to keep track of updating only one site instead of two, and I like that I can do a more live feed here than there. So lets start with cake, because it's yummy! lol

I have decided that I am going to make my cake myself. I know that we are doing a small two tier cake for me and Mike with the top layer being frozen, and cupcakes for the guests. The cake will be marble for us, and the cupcakes will be a mixture of chocolate and vanilla. I want to do turquoise icing with a strawberry slice or two in the center. Here are two pictures that are similar to what I want, the first the icing idea, the second how I am hoping to have it laid out *and the icing is the right color =)*




This is the cake topper that we want, it will be surrounded by strawberries on top of the cake.


This is what I would like to do for Mike if I knew that alot of people would eat red velvet cake, because that was what he wanted originally. He and I are HUGE Cubbies fans, so I thought it would be awesome to do a cake of Wrigley Field! If I don't do it for the wedding, I will probably do this for his birthday later this year =)


This is the cake server set that was the closest to the one at Walmart that we want to get. I love how simple and classy it is. The following photo is the toasting glasses I would like to get from Oriental Trader. They personalize the set and it's only 9.99!


This is the inspiration board with the "look" that I am going for. Classy but casual, red white and blue with a TWIST...and of course our "love tree" theme.


Here are my shoes! They are dorothy costume shoes, and I can't wait to get them!

Next on the update is flowers. I really don't know what I am going to do here, because I can't afford much. I think just basic is the way to go with this. I'm thinking about just going to the grocery store the day before or maybe even the morning of, and buying either white carnations, or white roses and making a small bouquet for my maid of honor and me. Here are my ideas of what I would like them to look like if I can afford them. (Or if I can continue to get 50% off coupons I will maybe make artificial bouquets)



For decorations everything is going to unfortunately be very minimal, or very inexpensive to make and will be made by me. The one thing that we are getting (with a 50% off coupon) is this lighted arch. It will be decorated with tulle across it and down the back, and there will be a small spray of flowers in the center in our colors with some ribbon. The flowers are still up in the air, this is what I had to talk to Mike's nan about, and we didn't get to see her last night.
I was searching Martha Stewart weddings and came across these two centerpiece ideas. If I do flowers, I think they would look great together, but we will probably just end up only doing the paper luminaries all over the place:

This kind of fits into the theme and I think it would be a great way to frame our "dance floor" in the grass behind my mom's house:


For favors we would like to do sparklers because they are fun!

I also HAVE TO HAVE a smores table! We will roast them over the grill, or possibly have a bonfire in the backyard.

For hair these are my ideas. I want soft curls with my hair halfway up and then I want to make a headband like the one in the third photo, but instead of clear beads, I want gold beads.





Hopefully I will have dress photos to show you tomorrow! Hooray weddings!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...