width=

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Baby Cameron: Bump Update

I am totally embarrassed. I have been horrible these past few weeks about taking bump photos! Here is one from a few weeks ago, and one I snapped yesterday via my phone, since I have nothing better to show...




Last you heard, they were thinking I had Gestational Diabetes. Well, they were right. The first week, the medication worked pretty well and the days that I had high sugars I knew exactly why. These past two weeks, it's been harder, and my doctor is threatening me with the word Insulin, so I think shots may be in my not-so-distant future.

Other than that, I have been feeling pretty good most days. Other than low energy, I really do feel relatively normal, and I'm not really worried about going into pre-term labor like I did with Natalie anymore. She was born at 33 weeks 6 days, so that day is coming up. Once we get past that, I think I will feel better.

How far along? 32 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: Around 15 pounds still. I haven't gained too much at all, it just seems to be re-distributing (kinda like last time)

Maternity clothes? Yes. Pants and tops, and a maxi dress! =)

Stretch marks? Yes.

Symptoms: heartburn, acne, tiredness, aches, charley horses in my toes and legs

Sleep: Getting more uncomfortable. I toss and turn and throw my leg pillow away, and I always wake up hot and sweaty no matter how cold it is in the room!

Best moment this week: Seeing the baby at my ultrasound again, he is now around 4 lbs!

Have you told family and friends? Yes, everyone knows! It would be a little hard to keep it a secret at this point!

Miss anything? Sleeping on my tummy, not feeling tired all the time. Stretching, and being able to walk around without feeling pain/pressure. I also miss being able to indulge in pregnancy cravings.

Movement: Tons. Mostly after I eat! More sharp movements now that he's getting squished when he switches from head up to head down.

Food Cravings: Ice cream (chocolate marshmallow), Chocolate milk, chocolate candy, Starbursts, Wheat thins, Fruit, pickles, (Yes I'm a stereotypical preggo!) Thin Mints, and also an adversion to red meat. I'd much rather have salad, seafood (no sushi or salmon though - I'm talkin crabmeat YUM) or chicken lately. Also spicy food: buffalo chicken, salsa, hot sauce on tacos, etc.

Not so new: White cheddar popcorn, regular popcorn, pb&j sandwiches, Mt. Dew. and Starbucks hot chocolate.

NEW: sugar free chocolate pudding

Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really, I just stay away from anything that looks like it might make me icky.

Have you started to show yet? Oh yes. It has been obvious for weeks now!

Baby is a: Bouncing baby boy!! Cameron Glenn =)

Belly Button in or out: Not much left! I think it may pop out soon!

Wedding rings on or off? Still on but getting tighter. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to keep them on comfortably. I kept them on all the way through delivery with Natalie so hopefully I will be able to do that with this one as well. I don't know how I would feel if I couldn't wear them!!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Ask my hubby and he would probably say moody, but other than having no sleep and being cranky I think I'm still a pretty happy camper. My Natalie keeps me smiling!

Looking forward to: My maternity photos this Sunday! My PA trip the next weekend to meet some of my Knottie girls, and my baby shower the following weekend!! =)

NOT looking forward to: Doctors changing my medication to Insulin, which is sounds like is more likely than not at this point. I've never had to stick myself with a needle, and I don't know if I can handle it. Also not looking forward to the weekly doctors visits which means MORE time I have to take off work, and starting at 34 weeks I have to go in TWICE a week, so that they can monitor his heart rate I think. Ugh. Why can't I just be pregnant? Why do they have to take all the fun out of it!? (Sorry, rant over lol)



 


That's all for now! Look for another update soon!


See you later lovebugs,



Rachael

1 comment:

Hello said...

Naww, lovely! I so can't wait to see pictures of baby Cam! (when you're full term that is, you will get there - no early labour!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...