width=

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Husband Rocks Vol. 13

Before we begin, I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to all my momma readers! I hope you had a great day and you are spoiled rotten with sleep, food and love!

I also want to personally apologize to Vicki and all of the MHR readers for not getting this posted on time today! I thought I had it set up to automatically post, but apparently that was not the case! I'm so sorry!








No husband is perfect and it doesn’t really matter. What matters is how I set myself up to think about him. If I focus on his failures, his annoyances, or ways in which I’ve felt hurt by him, then I will interact with him as a hurt and frustrated and disappointed wife. That makes for miserable living for me and my husband and those around us. But if I focus on his strengths, his potential, and the ways in which I feel blessed by him, then I will interact with him as a forgiving, blessed, and contented wife. And there’s no greater need a man has than to feel respected by his wife. If he feels like all he does is hurt, disappoint, and frustrate, then the same atmosphere and the same actions will be perpetuated. But if he feels that his wife can be happy and responsive regardless of his shortcomings, he feels respected and empowered. Then a positive atmosphere is perpetuated and actions, once destructive, can improve in an environment that is rich for cultivation and growth into deepened respect and intimacy."


 
 
 
This week I am joined by my fellow nail polish enthusiast Vicki from My Vickilicious Life! Check out her post here:



This week we are talking about your favorite place to go on a date!



Ok, so I know we have pictures somewhere,  but I can't seem to find them, so this photo is going to have to be sufficient. And even though we looooove going to sporting events together (in fact that's where we are going today! Mike is taking me to a Cubs baseball game for Mother's Day! Super excited) our favorite place to go on a date has NOTHING to do with sports.

Usually, any time we have a baby-free night we find ourselves at the movie theater to see a movie! The latest time that we went was last weekend when we went and saw Iron Man 3. (AWESOME by the way) He also took me to see my very first 3D movie and it was a girly movie too! Usually it's the big blockbusters that we go see: Thor, The Avengers, Iron Man, Batman. We've seen them all. And there is nothing better than watching an awesome movie on a huge screen.


 
 
 
 

We want to hear all about the loves of your lives!

The Growing Tree



*Next Sunday*

Ida from Eternity Kind of Love will be hosting with me! Topic of conversation will be:

FREE FOR ALL - write about anything you want!

* If you would like to participate *

Follow the prompt, or just wing it and blog about whatever you want, as long as it is about the love of your life! Don't feel like you can't contribute if you are not married, this is for anyone who wants to celebrate their significant other!  Then come back here and link up in the collection at the bottom of this post. Please grab the button and use it in your post, or post it somewhere on your blog!

The only thing I ask is to follow my blog and my co-host Vicki's  blog via GFC, Bloglovin, Facebook or Twitter (icons at the top of my page - be sure to comment below and let me know how you follow and I will follow you back!) Then, take a look around at the other blogs linked up and leave them some love too!

* If you want to add the blog hop to your post *

If you want to participate in the hop and add the link-up to your post, click here and highlight the first code!

* If you would like me to add you to the advance email OR if you would like to co-host in the future*

If you would like to receive the code for the post before it goes live, or would like to co-host your very own My Husband Rocks Sunday Link-up, send me a message with the subject My Husband Rocks to:

 
See you later lovebugs!



Rachael

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...