width=

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday 10s: #1 Ten Favorite Books



Mom2MemphisandRuby

I am so excited for my first time linking up with Lena for her Tuesday 10!

This week's theme is:



Your 10 Favorite Books


You might not know this about me, but I'm kind of a bookworm. I was always reading growing up, and got caught in my room after bedtime MANY a night, reading along to my books on tape. I have a few specific authors whom I love, and I believe you'll see this in my choices. Choosing ONLY 10 books was/is really hard for me because I love so many SERIES of books! So I'm amending the previous theme:


Your 10 Favorite Books/Book Series


Here we go:

#10:


I am a complete cat lover, and this book was just so sweet. A definate must-read.


#9:


If you like the TV show Charmed, you will like these books.

#8:


I read these right around the time that I was planning my wedding, and I LOVED them. Great love stories.

#7:


SO much better than the movie, although the movie was still good.

#6:










Now these, I consider one series, even though they are three sets of books. Because the stories all tie together into one huge family that by the end of the last book, you are left celebrating, crying and falling in love with them. It is by far a series that I will read over and over again, and just talking about it makes me want to read it!

#5:

I was so excited for The Golden Compass when I heard that they were filming it, mostly because I was sure that I was the ONLY one who had EVER read the books and wanted it to be made into a movie! The second and third books get a little wierd, but I haven't read them in a while. I think I would have a new perspective on them if I were to read them again, because I was much younger the last time.

#4:


Now this is where my top books will probably become a little "teen-ish" to some people, but I really didn't buy into the hype until my friend was like "YOU HAVE TO READ THESE!" So I did, and I was hooked.

#3:

Ahhh, the Sisterhood. I only posted the first book here, because I think posting TWENTY books is overkill. But, seriously, this series is just the OPPOSITE. It is SO GOOD! I praise The Sisterhood Series up and down to all my friends, it is great GIRL POWER reading! Just get Weekend Warriors, I guarantee you will be hooked!

#2:


Yes, The Host is my number 2 book. Yes, I realize I am 27, almost 28 years old. It really is SO good! I'm reading it again right now, and I love the fact that it's sci-fi meets romance meets adventure. Just read it. Even if it turns out not to be your favorite, it's still a great book!

P.S. - If you STILL don't want to read it, the movie is coming out soon!

#1:


Ok, I feel like I need to repeat myself. I am 27. I know that Harry Potter is for kids, but I WAS a kid when these came out, and I will always love them with ALL my heart.


Which books made your list?

Next week: Ten favorite things from the 90s. - This one is going to be tough too!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Lena B, Actually said...

Thanks for linking up! Going to check some of these out!

Jackie said...

The Host is awesome, and totally made my top 10 list too. No judgements here, girly!

Also, I just read Dewey again, and of course, I cried. Total crazy cat lady here :)

looking forward to seeing more from you!
xoxo
jackie
perchedup.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...