width=

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day Zero Update (eight weeks)

First off, if you are a regular reader of my blog, I have to apologize this week for not making any posts, and to getting sidetracked yesterday. My stepdad, Kenny, passed away this week, actually Thursday evening/Friday morning at about 1 am.

He had gone into the hospital a few days before and didn't want anyone to know, so I didn't get to say goodbye. He's not married to my mom anymore, but I still considered him a father figure in my life, and although it was hell living with him when he WAS married to my mom (he doesn't live well with others, he was a very solitary guy) I still considered him my stepdad after the divorce, and made it a point to go see him, and to invite him to my wedding. He didn't come to the wedding, so the last time I had talked to him was when he had told me he had fallen again and that he couldn't make it to the wedding. I told him I loved him during that conversation, and I hope that he knew that I meant it.

Since I don't know what kind of condition I will be in on Monday, I wanted to get ahead and go ahead and do my Day Zero Update. Today is Day 54, and next monday will be Week 8, and the two month mark falls on the 24th, which is next Saturday.

So, as you know on the 13th we went and saw KISS =) The concert was PHENOMINAL. We had such a good time, and the only thing that sucked is once we got in there we weren't patted down or anything and could've brought our camera, as many other people did. Still, it was a fantastic time and here are the before and after pics of us:



and our tickets and one of our metro passes =)


We had one HELL of a good time, and Buckcherry, who opened, were actually quite decent as well! It was a good night.

Unfortunately, I won't be going to see Paramore at the end of the month either. It's an MTV tour and there's going to be like 5 bands, so we're not going to get to see that much Paramore, so I would rather wait for their actual tour.

Other than that I have just been working on my cross stitch project and reading this new book, which is really good so far. I think Hubby will like it, which is a good thing.

I am itching to pick back up on my weight loss, and sleeping habits, as well as eating breakfast. I think I'm going to try to incorporate it into a schedule and figure out when I can do it. I'm going to work on that this week, and try to work it in next week.

I think that has everything caught up. I will probably be posting again for MHR Friday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...