width=

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Husband Rocks: Vol. 18 and Happy Father's Day!

SIDE NOTE: I want to sincerely apologize to my readers and especially to Harley for not getting this post up yesterday! Our family spent the day enjoying life at the zoo, and I completely forgot to make sure it was ready to go! Submissions are open until Thursday so you can still write and link up! I hope to see you all!







No husband is perfect and it doesn’t really matter. What matters is how I set myself up to think about him. If I focus on his failures, his annoyances, or ways in which I’ve felt hurt by him, then I will interact with him as a hurt and frustrated and disappointed wife. That makes for miserable living for me and my husband and those around us. But if I focus on his strengths, his potential, and the ways in which I feel blessed by him, then I will interact with him as a forgiving, blessed, and contented wife. And there’s no greater need a man has than to feel respected by his wife. If he feels like all he does is hurt, disappoint, and frustrate, then the same atmosphere and the same actions will be perpetuated. But if he feels that his wife can be happy and responsive regardless of his shortcomings, he feels respected and empowered. Then a positive atmosphere is perpetuated and actions, once destructive, can improve in an environment that is rich for cultivation and growth into deepened respect and intimacy."


 
 
 
This week I am joined by the super sweet Harley! To check out her post, click the photo:



 




This week we are talking about Father's Day, and Harley and I will be talking about how our families came to the decision to have children. If you don't have kiddos yet, feel free to write about whatever you would like!


For Mike and I we had talked about kids just about our entire relationship, but we didn't start to get serious about it until the Christmas of 2009, about 6 months after we got married. I wrapped up the rest of my birth control pills, and gave them to him as one of his Christmas gifts and agreed that we could stop preventing, and if it happened it happened. He was so excited about it.

Fast forward to Christmas 2010, and I was wrapping up a positive pregnancy test for him to open. I have a video of him opening it, but videos don't load on here well for me, so you will have to take my word on it! I had to keep it a secret from him for almost a whole week! It was the longest 6 days of my life, but SO worth it!

Fast forward again to 33 weeks and 6 days later, and our little pink bundle was being handed to us, a little over six weeks early! It was scary and fascinating, and wonderful all at the same time! We weren't planning on expanding our family again QUITE so soon, but we are over the moon happy to complete our little family with this little boy who is on his way any day now!

And that is how we decided to start having a family =)

On a side note, I want to personally wish all the Father's a wonderful Father's Day, especially my Hubby because....


Well, because he rocks! =)

 
 
 
 

We want to hear all about the loves of your lives!

The Growing Tree



*Next Sunday*

Ashley from Him & Her will be back again hosting with me! We won't be having a topic of discussion so it's a free for all! Write about anything you like!



* If you would like to participate *

Follow the prompt, or just wing it and blog about whatever you want, as long as it is about the love of your life! Don't feel like you can't contribute if you are not married, this is for anyone who wants to celebrate their significant other!  Then come back here and link up in the collection at the bottom of this post. Please grab the button and use it in your post, or post it somewhere on your blog!

The only thing I ask is to follow my blog and my co-host Paige's  blog via GFC, Bloglovin, Facebook or Twitter (icons at the top of my page - be sure to comment below and let me know how you follow and I will follow you back!) Then, take a look around at the other blogs linked up and leave them some love too!

* If you want to add the blog hop to your post *

If you want to participate in the hop and add the link-up to your post, click here and highlight the first code!

* If you would like me to add you to the advance email OR if you would like to co-host in the future*

If you would like to receive the code for the post before it goes live, or would like to co-host your very own My Husband Rocks Sunday Link-up, send me a message with the subject My Husband Rocks to:

 
See you later lovebugs!



Rachael

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...