width=

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On My Heart: Faith vs. Religion


I will be linking up with Amanda @ A Royal Daughter for today's On My Heart post. Amanda's blog and the way she lives her life inspires me, which is what this post is all about.

FAIR WARNING: In this post will probably be at least a few controversial points of view. One of the greatest things about the internet is everyone is free to talk about their own opinions. This is mine, and mine alone. Please try and be respectful if you don't agree with something I am about to say.
 
 

I have struggled all my life with "religion." I was baptized and raised Roman Catholic, had my First Communion, was an Alter Girl for about two years, and never had my Confirmation. I've been to Protestant, Baptist, Non-Denominational and Roman Catholic services. I've had people invite me to their church, but I've never gone. I've never felt comfortable in a religious establishment and I've never found my place in any church, and I personally don't believe that I am meant to. I'm just not that kind of person who feels comfortable with the whole "church" situation.

I think what it boils down to, is I am more faith-based than religion-based. Let me try and explain. I like to believe that there is something wonderful after this life. And I do believe that there is a "God" of some capacity watching over us, whom I talk to on my own often. But, at the same time, I also believe that absolutely NOTHING is guaranteed. No one has ever been there and come back (at least not anyone that I know personally) so we really don't know. And that unknown is what worries me. What if we are ALL wrong and there is just nothing after we pass on? So, I have begun to live my life so that I am satisfied at the end that this life was enough. We are all blessed with the time we are given, and we should use it to the best of our ability. When I am old, I want to know that I have done all I can to live my life to the fullest, and be satisfied that it was enough, so that I can leave this world with no regrets, regardless of where we go next, if we go anywhere.

All I really want is to have a great relationship with my family, watch my kids grow up and have successful lives and families of their own, and to love them to the best of my ability. The rest is just filler. Of course I have things that I would like to go do, and go see, but at the end of the day, if I never again leave this little town I live in, and my family is healthy and happy, then so am I.

And I truly believe, that even though it might not be enough for everyone, that it is enough for me. =)



 


 
Until later lovebugs,
 

Rachael

A Royal Daughter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...