width=

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On My Heart: Bloom Where You Are Planted


I will be linking up with Amanda @ A Royal Daughter for today's On My Heart post. Amanda's blog and the way she lives her life inspires me, which is what this post is all about.
 


I recently read Kelle Hampton's book, Bloom. It was given to me by a fantastic lady out in California who blogs here. Kelle had put out to the world on Facebook that if her readers wanted to give or receive a copy of her book, to email her and request to either donate or request that you wanted one. I've been wanting to read her book ever since I knew it was being released. Unfortunately, budget hadn't allowed me to splurge on it, and something else more important always came up. So, I wrote in.

This fantastic woman read my email, read the story I told about Cameron being on the way, and money being tight, and she was kind enough to send me not only the book, but an adorable set of baby blankets, and a box of baby wipes as well! SO needed, and I just wanted to take a moment and THANK HER for the generosity and kindness she showed me. I can't wait to have him here so I can wrap him up in that adorable blanket and send her a photo of him!

Thank you, Marci Phee, you have no idea how your kindness has touched me!


So, I had a chance to read her book the whole way through, and while I knew the general story of Nella's birth through reading her blog, I was touched by the real emotions she had during the first year of her life. She went from one extreme (denial and sadness) to the other (pride and joy) and did so with grace and determination. I was impressed with how strong of a woman she is. I don't know that I could have done what she did. Granted I haven't been placed in that situation at all, but her book forced me to think about what would happen if Cameron was born with that magical chromosome that makes these children beautiful, yet different. I would like to think that I would handle it. I would like to think that it would be like no big deal. But if I am truly honest with myself, and you, that I would probably be worse off than Kelle was the moment she laid eyes on her daughter with her almond eyes and knew she was different. I have so many dreams for Cameron, just like Kelle did. I would hope that I could be as accepting and graceful as she is, and make his life the best it could be just by loving him, which is all you can really do for any of your children.

And I would and will love him. I know I will. So while Kelle's book gave me much to think about, I am determined to love Cameron...and Natalie...with all of my heart for all of the days of my life!


 


 
Until later lovebugs,
 

Rachael

A Royal Daughter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...