width=

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

On My Heart


I will be linking up with Amanda @ A Royal Daughter for today's On My Heart post. Amanda's blog and the way she lives her life inspires me, which is what this post is all about. I hope you hop over there and tell her hello!
 

I want to write about something today that I think may be a little bit controversial. I am going to try and put it into words that won't offend or hurt anyone, but just in case here are the subjects:

Same-sex relationships
Abortion/adoption
Religion
The Freedom of Choice

If these are touchy subjects for you, I would suggest skipping my post today!


 
We have been seeing a lot of things in the news lately about laws being passed allowing same-sex couples the right to a marriage certificate. If you're on Facebook, your feed is probably littered with it. I want to share something with you that a friend of mine posted, that I completely agree with.

"Seems to me if everyone were more focused on loving one another rather than proving a point there would be no need for all these = signs. Christians stop talking about what you are against. Gay community stop talking about what you are against. Show some love and let love do the talking. Both sides just sound like clanging symbols at this point."

It seems like a lot of people in this world today have an incessant need to be right, and for everyone that they are associated with (and sometimes even NOT associated with) to feel the same way they do, or they are WRONG and DAMNED to Hell. While I am a spiritual person, I am not overly religious, but I would hope that if I live my life to the best of my ability and be the best person I can be, that if God DOES meet me at the end of my time here on Earth, that I will be forgiven and accepted regardless of the things I have done in my life.

I really take to heart what she says about focusing on loving one another rather than beating down anyone who doesn't believe the way you do. Take abortion/adoption for instance. It has been my standing for a very long time that while abortion is NOT RIGHT for me, I certainly have no right to tell ANYONE else what to do. I would rather there be a safe, legal way to do it, then there to be no legal way and people dying from abortion doctors illegally performing surgeries that have NO idea what they are doing. Is adoption always the right choice? Maybe for you. But instead of pushing your ideals on everyone else, we should realize that everyone has the freedom to CHOOSE what they want to do with their lives, and that they have no control over anyone except themselves. (and most of the time your children...at least until they turn 18)

And the same goes for same-sex marriages. Is it for me? No. Is it for my friends? Maybe. Does that give me the right to judge them, tell them they are wrong, and disown them? NO!

Build up the people around you, because they just might be the people you end up needing the most. THAT is the right thing to do.


Peace and Love, man. Peace and Love.
 
Until later lovebugs,
 

Rachael

A Royal Daughter

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love that you choose to not judge others, even though it may not be something you personally would do. That's awesome, hun! Really! And thank you for your sweet words on my post about my family :) I really appreciate that!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

you're so right! We need to just spread love not judgement!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...