width=

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Things Pre-Baby that I took for granted

I want to start this post by saying that I love my little girl with all my heart and I would never trade her for anything no matter how badly I need it (sleep) or how badly I want it. (a clean house) She is a GREAT baby, and we have been really blessed with a very laid back, quiet (for the most part), chill, low-maintence little girl. That being said, there are some things that I miss greatly:

Being able to clean the house - I can't seem to find the time - or the energy - anymore.

Only needing 10 minutes to get ready for leaving the house - It takes me a half hour to get myself ready, and another half hour just to get her stuff together. Then I'm not even counting the dozen or so times I run BACK into the house to grab something I forgot. Damn that baby brain!

Running a quick errand - gone are the days when I can just "run" in to a store to pick up a pack of gum or a soda or god forbid....lunch. Lugging a big ass carrier into a convience store is....well....heavy.

SLEEP. - I actually still get alot of this, but it just never seems like enough, and I think it's because even though I am in bed from 12 2 am to 10 12 pm I am up about every three - five hours and never get the REM that I used to. I'm still not "used" to it, and it's been three months.

Being able to go somewhere without planning hours in advance - I need to know how long it's been since she's eaten, if there's going to be a place to change her diapers, if I need the stroller, blah, blah, blah.....

Being able to leave the house with just a small purse - I now carry two, sometimes THREE bags with me at all times.

Being able to easily cook (and eat) a whole meal without any interruptions - it's like my daughter KNOWS when I'm about to eat, because she is quiet the whole time the meal is being prepared, and JUST when I sit down to eat.....SCREAMING ensues, and thus, my food inevitably gets cold. Good thing I am a server and used to eating cold food.

Pampering myself. - I JUST now (about a week ago) got around to plucking my eyebrows, which I hadn't done in.....oh....about six months. And I can't tell you the last time I had time to paint my nails or my toenails....or even time for a longer than normal, hot shower and time to curl my hair and do my makeup.

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter. But I cannot wait until she is a little older and can entertain herself without me worrying about her falling off something or suffocating, and I can't wait until she's big enough to not be in a carrier anymore. I CAN wait....but I can't.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...