width=

Monday, August 31, 2009

Update and Doug's Concert

So I'm going to do my weekly updates on Mondays.

I did one workout last week, and I felt good about it. Hubby says he is going to start going with me so we will see. I am going tonight after we get home from walmart before I cook my taco bake. (look for the recipe and photos tonight or tomorrow - sorry so late!) I don't think I'm going to start on the 100 pushup challenge until next Monday because I want to do the initial test on Wednesday so that I have a while to rest up to start the workout.

I'm doing well on the breakfast and "getup-time" in the mornings, although I did sleep in on Sunday and skipped breakfast. I tried to get up, but I was just exhausted. That's ok, though I am not expecting perfection right away. I knew there was going to be days that I don't make it through, but I pride myself in getting up, eating breakfast, brushing and flossing, and taking my vitamins 6/7 days last week!

***Later that evening***

I went and spent time with my girlfriend, Angie this past weekend as well. We had a good time, we cooked wings and cake and had some drinks, ate, and watch the movie "He's Just Not That Into You". It was a decent movie, but I probably won't watch it again. That's one down for #65, 142 more to go!

I have also finished my second of fifty books. I loved this series when I read it the first time, and this time is no different, although this time I think each book ended before I wanted it to, like there should be an anti-climax and there wasn't. I don't know what book I'm going to be reading next, but I'm thinking that until I have the money to buy The Time Travelers Wife (I'm waiting for it to come out on video so that I have more time to read the book) I'll probably re-read the Twilight Series in preparation for the movie in November!

Goals for this week:

21. Work out at least three times a week - Monday is down! Wednesday and Saturday to go!
26. Complete the 100 Push Up Challenge: do initial test Wednesday, and implement this and the ab lounger into workout. (and stretching)
51. First movie on 100 list: Citizen Kane (1941) - watch this (probably Saturday)
53. Work on crosstitch kitty project
10. Work on design for recipe book pages.

I also get my nephew next weekend (9/12), so that's #64 down for this month! I'm excited to have him to myself for a day.

I made the taco bake for dinner, it was good, but it wasn't FANTASTIC. I'll post about it tomorrow evening when I get home.

Doug's concert was great! (I forgot to blog about this earlier) Everyone got up and danced and clapped and had a good time. He plays some great stuff. If there was a way to post some of his music I would. They're a christian rock band called Doug Farris and Company. Keep a lookout for them, if they can get some exposure I think they will be pretty big on the Christian Music circuit! Here are some photos from the big night:


Doug (lead vocals and guitar)


Doug (guitar)
Backup vocals (long haired Dougs wife if I'm not mistaken)
Bassist

Rockin a solo
Duet
The group at the end for a final song
I had a great time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...