width=

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Express Happy House Challenge Plus - Week 2!

Well, I'll be honest. I am hating cleaning! Ugh. I'm just lazy I guess. I'm hoping I can get off my butt this week and actually get the Challenge done early in the week so that I can enjoy it. With five cats and two dogs....all of my work goes to crap in....oh, about a day. So I feel like I'm cleaning OVER and OVER...well, you get the picture. I love my pets, but it's getting rediculous...
That being said, here's how I did:

Make the Bed: 2/7
Empty the Sink: 3/7
Clear the Clutter: 1/7
Sweep the Kitchen: 2/7

Not too great.

Week 1 Leftovers:

Completed
Incomplete

Clean out the cupboards- interiors and exteriors
Wipe down all appliances (was completed last week)
Clean windows
Clean blinds/drapery
Clean out fridge
Clean out pantry - I don't have one, it's in my cabinets
Deep clean counters and small appliances
Deep clean floors and garbage/recycling containers

Not good. I will have to work on it more this weekend.

Week 2:

Complete
Incomplete

Clean the furniture
Clean the windows/blinds
Deep clean the floors
Dust the lighting

Hooray! Here is the evidence:


My Arsenal of Weapons =)

Before: (Kinda more of a during, as I had already taken curtains and tablecloth to the washer)


(excuse my cute kitties in these photos - they can't resist a window)


After:



Any ideas on how to turn that desk into a hutch? I want to get rid of the monitor and make that my "mantle" since I don't have a fireplace.

And just because a clean kitchen makes me giddy - even if it's only for one day:



Well, on to Week 3 with My Happy House! THE BATHROOM....dun dun DUN...

1 comment:

Mrs.CFH2 said...

So...thoughts on the desk transformation. If you take all the stuff out and decorate it like a hutch, boom. You honestly would have it looking like a hutch. The only thing I would add is maybe a wicker/woven basket that fits snugly where the chair would go. It would give it a finished look and make it look less desk-y. I think the only piece that would give you problems is the paper sorting area on the right. Can you remove those dividers somehow? That is usually the question I make Carl answer, and then do, so I'm not a ton of help there! I think it would be an awesome transformation though. And of course you hate cleaning, but doesn't it feel good when you are done? :) Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...