width=

Saturday, February 11, 2012

File Folders Don't Hold Much

I have so much stuff. Mostly papers and memoirs from things that we have done since we've been together. Concert tickets, movie stubs, little things to commemorate places we've gone and things we've done as a couple. My hanging file folder is OVERFLOWING, and my memory box from when I was a kid is CRAMMED. I need a better solution. So I thought, how cool would it be to make a scrapbook for each year we've been together and make something we can flip through and reminisce instead of having things shoved away in a drawer? Really cool. But also really a lot of work! YIKES!
I'm going to have to go through all our photos and re-organize them by year, then by month. Which is alot of clicking on the computer. So, I'm thinking it'll take me a while to do the ones for us. BUT, in the meantime, I am going to start one for this year so that maybe I can keep up with it.

I am already 6 months behind on Natalie's scrapbook and that doesn't even count the pages for the pregnancy and the baby showers! When am I going to find the time to do THAT? I'm hoping that I can just get ideas written down/drawn out, and then just one day bang it all out and be done!
On a side note, what person in their right mind only puts 20 pages in their scrapbooks? That is NOT enough! At least I found a way to add more because I'm definately going to need more than just 20 pages for Natalie's book! She now has 40!

Are there any scrapbookers out there? What did you do to get started? Did you just sit down and create or did you organize and get a plan first? I'm a "write a list" kinda girl, is it going to be hard for me?

Oh, and what kind of supplies am I going to need? I have stickers and scrapbook pages, and some letters and cardboard decorations, and some glue and of course photos, but what else do I need? I want this to be a success!



1 comment:

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I used to scrapbook. I always just had my pictures and bought random stickers and embellishments. I just went with the flow. I just wrote down what events were going to be in it, and how many pages each event would take up. I agree 20 pages is NOT enough. I now have just used Shutterfly to make photo books. Also, a site that let me make a blog into a book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...