width=

Monday, February 27, 2012

Man Candy Monday #7: Michael Shanks

Are you ready for the "other" Michael I mentioned? I am super excited to share this one, because I have to completely credit my husband for turning me into a Stargate freak.

In his best-known role, at the head of the Stargate male cast (although he's not the "lead") is none other than Michael Shanks.

He plays a character named Daniel Jackson, who is extremely smart, and extremely sexy/dorky. He often spouts nonsense, is obsessed with history, and has a phenominal knack for figuring out all of the mysteries of the universe.

Although he started out a little dorky due to the way the character was styled in the original movie (in which James Spader played Daniel) ...





 He eventually morphed into a super-sexy, hisorical buff, liguist, and well...I'll just show you.





There is something about that uniform....it looks good on ALL the stargate guys!!

Anyway, the pictures really don't do him justice, you have to watch the tv show, because not only is he a hottie, his humor and demeanor on the show will make you fall in love with him! Oh, this makes me want to watch SG-1 again from the beginning just talking about it!

The best part was when my husband and I were watching one of our newest favorite shows, Burn Notice, getting caught up for the upcoming season, and who pops up in a few episodes but Michael Shanks!

For you Smallville fans, he also had a small role on there as Hawkman.


Name:
Michael Garrett Shanks


Born:
December 15, 1970

(what is it with me and older men?!)


From:
Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada


Relationship Status:
Married to Lexa Doig


Fun Facts:
His character on Stargate is killed in 4 different episodes
 Auditioned for the part Praetor Shinzon in Star Trek: Nemesis
His best friend is Chistopher Judge who plays Teal'c in Stargate SG-1


Notable Roles:

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis (limited appearances)
Stargate Universe (limited appearances)

Burn Notice (2008-2009)

Smallville (2010)

Red Riding Hood (2011)


Linking up here:



Man Candy Monday

Thanks for joining me for another installment of Man Candy Monday! Who's your favorite Man Candy??
Photobucket

2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

He looks so different with and without glasses! It's crazy!

There must be something in Vancouver water because there are some attractive men who come from there ;)

Thanks for posting, sorry I didn't get a MCM up today :(

Anonymous said...

Thought you might like my site....

http://www.krissharmsworth.com/album/index.php

And it is a Michael Shanks site I am not spamming honestly...look at my pic to see my photo with him.

Oh and I love Burn Notice as well.

Kriss :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...