width=

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Big Bad Google Business

I am very sad. I heard some afwul news last night that I feel like I need to share with you.

Picnik is closing.

I am devastated! Everything that you see here on this blog: my header, social buttons, label images, even my signature, was created on Picnik. Even the collages that I make for each of Natalie's montly photos is made on this website, and they are KILLING it on April 19th!

What am I going to do??

Apparently, they are working on moving it to Google +, but honestly it doesn't look like they are going to be keeping all of the options that were available. And I definately did not see any collage options or even all the basic stickers on there yet.

And speaking of Google +, I am actually quite upset that they are basically a Facebook ripoff! Same essential layout, and same essential ways of naviagation, only not stylish at all! I'm very disappointed that they are closing programs that we love, all to promote their version of "facebook." Not cool.

And as far as "the bright side", well, apparently I get my $25 bucks back. Um, not really. See the debit card attached to my account is not active any longer, so I don't know if that money will actually come to me or not. We are told to "contact our banks" to find out if we can get it back or not.

And they decided to "soften the blow" by offering the premium options to ALL picnik users until the site closes down: just long enough to make everyone love the premium features before YANKING them away from us!

All in all, I think that this is a BIG mistake on the part of Google, and unless they move ALL of the options over to Google +, I will be researching another photo editing site to use, and I may be deleting my Google + account as well.

Smooth move Google, this is just bad business, and you have managed to piss off a lot of people with your antics this time!

If you love and use Picnik and want it to stick around, follow this link and sign the petition!

2 comments:

Lena B, Actually said...

I'm so upset by this as well! It's the only program I like for editing! :S

Ida Jade said...

One of our family members girlfriend does some amateur photography and this is the site she uses and when she posted it yesterday I was so upset!

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...