width=

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pinterest Project #5: Curling Your Hair: The Remix

Welcome to another installment of Pinterest Project Saturday!

When I last posted about curling your hair without heat, it wasn't a complete success. To be honest, both methods I tried left me a little disappointed to do all that work and have it be for nothing. Now, keep in mind as I said before, my hair is super thick. It does not hold curl well, even if I spray the crap out of it with hair spray and then curl it with a curling iron. It lasts for about 30 minutes if my hair is down, and maybe an hour or two if it is up. So, I went in search of one more way to try to curl my hair, and found this:


So, I gave it a try. I don't have a before photo but I followed the steps and ended up looking a little bit like this:



Not the character (which is Sikozu in Farscape by the way - Love her!) but how her hair is, is how mine looked before going to bed for the night. (OW. Those things are killer sleep-zappers! I had a horrible time sleeping.)

Here's how she looked in the show once the bantu knots came out:



And here's mine!



I was really happy with the curls when I took them down and got them finger-combed through. But as I was styling I started noticing they were already starting to fall. If you notice in the picture, the right side of my hair was already partly straight. It seems like this method is going to be good for waves and texture, but not much else.


And I was right, by eight o'clock, my hair looked like this.



Now, I will say that I fought with a few raindrops (it was sprinkling) but for the most part it should have held up. I might give this one more shot, and use gel when twisting the knots so that it will dry while knotted up. If it doesn't stay after that it wasn't meant to be, and I may end up getting my hair permed again.

I think it'll be a while before trying it again though, sleeping on those knots hurt!


What the best way that you've found to curl your hair?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...